TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to BabyScansAndGifts.com by visiting this website and accessing the information, resources, services, products and tools we provide, you understand and agree to accept and adhere to the following terms and conditions as stated in this policy.
We reserve the right to modify or improve this User Agreement from time to time without prior notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarise yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgement and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
You will be required to sign a consent form on the day your ultrasound is performed.
Description of Services
By using this site and ordering services provided on this site you hereby agree to the following information below:
- I hereby agree I understand that all 2D/3D/4D ultrasound scans are a limited diagnostic ultrasound. I am having an elective ultrasound scan for a souvenir, not for diagnostic purposes. I understand that this ultrasound scan does not screen for chromosomal or structural abnormalities. Although this ultrasound scan does not screen for abnormalities, on rare occasions we may find a previously undetected abnormality during your scan. Should this be the case, we will inform you and advise you as much as possible, about the abnormality. It is your responsibility to follow this up at your Maternity Unit, the Sonographer will write a report and we will give you a covering letter for your Obstetrician with your consent. Conversely, not all abnormalities can be detected by ultrasound. The Sonographer or Life Baby Scanning accepts no liability whatsoever should we fail to detect an abnormality or if a miss diagnosis is made.
- I understand that Life Baby Scanning offers me the ultrasound scan on the basis that I am receiving the appropriate ante-natal care and that I have had at least one ‘normal’ hospital scan. Under no circumstances should any scan provided by Life Baby Scanning be a substitute for your hospital scans.
- By using this site and services I understand the appointment scheduling, and cancellation policy provided on this website.
- I understand that image quality will vary, depending on my size, weight and physical condition, the baby’s gestational age, position and movements as well as the amount of amniotic fluid surrounding baby and placental location. Life Baby Scanning cannot guarantee they’ll be able to obtain an ideal image of my baby.
- I understand that Life Baby Scanning has a ‘no refund policy’ and there is no guarantee that the images will be similar to those you might have seen due to the uniqueness of how every baby scans on ultrasound. We undertake to provide you with the best images possible but you understand that these depend on your baby’s co-operation. With this in mind we may not be able to guarantee that your appointment will run on time but we will always strive to capture the best images possible on the day.
- Each ultrasound session if necessary is limited to 30 minutes in length for your safety. We follow the ALARA guidelines, which means ‘as low as reasonably achievable’ and in accordance with BMUS British Medical Ultrasound Society. If you require any further information on safety of ultrasound please visit nhs.uk and search Ultrasound Scans in Pregnancy. All our equipment is approved and maintained by the manufacturer or a certified biomedical engineering company.
- We will record digital files during your scan. Any problems with your digital files must be reported within 48hrs of your scan. If you are not happy with any aspect of our service it must be reported at the time of your scan.
- We do not allow any personal photography or recording to be carried out on our premises.
- Gender scans can never be 100% accurate. Life Baby Scanning accepts no liability whatsoever should the gender of your baby prove to be incorrect.
- Life Baby Scanning does not guarantee that any calculations of fetal weight will be comparable with the information given from your caregiver due to fetal growth changes, unknown factors related to an abnormal fetus, and maternal health risk.
BY ORDERING PRODUCTS OR USING SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE OR BY OTHERWISE INDICATING ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND REVIEWED THESE TERMS IN THEIR ENTIRETY, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND THESE TERMS CONSTITUTE BINDING AND ENFORCEABLE OBLIGATIONS TO YOU.
Appointment Changes / Cancellations
You may request to change or upgrade your appointment to a different service at any time before or at the time of your appointment arrival. We will try to accommodate all changes time permitting.
Missed Appointments/ Late Arrivals
Missed appointments may be rescheduled for a later time provided you still qualify for the service you initially scheduled and providing you gave us at least 24 hours notice of this change. Late appointments will be rescheduled if you arrive 10 minutes passed the appointment time. As long as you made us aware you were running late, however without prior knowledge of the client running late we might not be able to reschedule for the same date. Arriving 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time is ESSENTIAL to allow time for our booking in process.
Life Baby Scanning has a strict non-refundable policy after services have been rendered. Any complaints with the service or quality of your scan must be made at the time of your scan before leaving the clinic.
Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. The company shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused by any act or omission by employees, servants or agents of the company save for those set out in these Terms and Conditions.
All content and materials available on BabyScansAndGifts.com including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of Life Baby Scanning and Gifts, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
We retain Copyright of any images that we take; unless you specifically ask us not to, we may use your images and videos on our Website and Social media accounts for promotional purposes.
Data Protection Act 1998
Any data collected on this site will be used for the sole purpose of identification within this organisation and will not be disclosed to any external organisation without your express written permission.
The Company will not be held responsible for any breach of contract caused by circumstances out of its control.
By agreeing to this contract it forms the entire contract between you and the company, Life Baby Scanning and Gifts.