For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, Life Baby Scanning and Gifts (‘we’ or ‘us’) are the ‘data controllers’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you for example: your name, address, and required health information, whenever you complete an online form or make a telephone call to book an appointment. We will also obtain personal data as a result of any study or examination consent carried out upon you.
How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was
given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- Quality of service and statistical analysis surveys
- Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- Disclosure to Life Baby Scanning to provide the requested service
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Billing and order fulfilment
- To notify you of any changes to this website or our services which may affect you
- Security vetting
- Improving our services
We may also use any information or results of any study (comprising your booking details, practitioner outcome report, and supporting images and clips) for the purposes of studies or research carried out by ourselves or by an authorised third party. Any studies or research will only use information, which has been completely anonymised, and you will not and cannot be identified from any results of any such research or studies.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- We store your personal data on secure servers
- Payments are handled by PayPal and are not stored by our website.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the Internet. We do this by placing a ‘cookie’, which is a small file, on your computer’s hard disk. Cookies are used for several reasons:
- To recognise you whenever you visit this website
- To store your personal preferences
- To build a profile about you
- To better target our marketing and advertising campaigns
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we may hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, you should:
- Put your request in writing
- Include proof of your identity and address, for example: a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill.
- Specify the personal data you want access to.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
How to contact us
Contacting us by telephone on
0161 767 8497
Writing to direct at
Life Baby Scanning and Gifts
109 Parr Lane